TOMÁS CASANOVAS MARTÍNEZ
Executive Director and Senior Lecturer
Although more than 20 professors have worked or currently work with OLS, its CEO and Academic Director is Professor Tomas Casanovas Martinez. Here are some of his credentials:
TRAINING (most relevant Degrees)
- Perito Mercantil.
- Professor Mercantil.
- Degree in Economics
- Master of Business Administration-MBA-from the University of Strathclyde – Glasgow. Scotland.
- Graduate in Advanced Risk by Darden University, Virginia, USA.
- Post Graduate in Project Finance from Middlesex University, England.
SUMMARY OF HIS PROFESSIONAL CAREER.
- He has worked 38 years CaixaBank, currently the first bank in Spain.
- During the period 2005 – 2010 has been one of the permanent members of the Credit Committee of CaixaBank, the highest governing body at risk. The outstanding volume of resources managed successfully by his team came to reach 20,000 million euros, with the lowest failure rate of the Spanish financial system.
- He has managed and trained a team of over 150 Senior Business Analyst, based in different countries and responsible for issuing reports on structured and corporate deals.
- He has worked directly in the creation of the network of CaixaBank Business Centres, which is currently operating at full capacity.
SUMMARY OF HIS ACADEMIC ACTIVITY.
- He has taught Corporate Finance, Project Finance and Strategic Management in a dozen European and Latin American countries, courses and Post-Masters Degrees, a total of more than 14,000 students from all five continents.
- He is currently teaching classes at the Masters and Post-Degree:
- IDEC – Barcelona School of Management, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
- Universidad Diego Portales. Santiago de Chile.
- He has also lectured in Strategic Management for entrepreneurs in many cities such as Barcelona, Madrid, Bogota, Montevideo and Buenos Aires.
- In May 2012, he taught a three-day seminar at the Central Bank of Uruguay, which attended, in addition to management of Banco Central del Uruguay, more than 40 professionals representing the majority of financial institutions that operate in the country, including foreign banks such as Lloyds, Santander, Deutsche Bank, BBVA, Citibank and Itaú.
- In November 2013 he taught a course in Project Finance and Syndications market for the Bank of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay (BROU). Following the success of the first edition, he taught a second edition of this course in February 2014.
- In February 2014 he was invited by the Central Bank of Uruguay to teach a course on Project Finance with focus on banking supervision and regulatory areas.
- Since March 2014 he is leading the area of Project Finance Enerside company, which is developing solar PV projects in different countries, with special attention to Brazil.